Tuesday, February 23, 2016

It's Udder Check Time!


I took a break from inventorying lambing supplies to do some udder checks.   It's always easy to check Elvira, but she's not having a lamb this year.  Her daughters, though, are pretty easy to check.

Molly & Peanut being examined.

I didn't really get a good look at udders (too much wool), but I did manage to feel their bellies.  They're are due about the same time, but Peanut's belly is bigger.  Then again, Molly is a bigger girl.  So, my check gave me no useful information.

Snowball is getting a little less shy--at least with me.

Snowball examined me.  Perhaps he thought I had food in my pocket. 

Tiffany & Peanut
I really wanted to check Tiffany, but I had no luck.  She looks enormous, and I'm really hoping that means twins.

Theresa & Elsie

Elsie usually looks massive this time of year, but this year, she's due about a month later than most everyone else.  (There's a story behind that, and I can't remember if I mentioned it here...)  She's looking slim...for a pregnant Elsie.


Snowball

No comments:

Post a Comment