Friday, June 10, 2016

Hairy Legs and Other Crazy Animals

The llamas were sheared last week.  They were not well-behaved.  Barack O'Llama's legs are just a bit hairy...

Hairy legs...


...but Snowball kushed (laid down) and refused to have his belly or legs sheared at all.  It doesn't matter if they look silly, though.  There's enough fleece removed that they shouldn't be getting hot.

Snowball: hairy legs and hairy belly

"It's a good thing I'm cute!" Snowball


Last night, we went to the pasture--Scott to dig up some thistles, me to try to get those pictures I've been promising. 

Tiffany decided to eat a thistle.

Yum, yum...

Maybe it''s what makes Tiffany tough?


I managed to get a good picture of Vanilla Bean.

Vanilla Bean, a.k.a. mini-Elsie


But not good pictures of Acacia and Wasabi, two of the three I was aiming for.  They're especially hard to photograph because, from certain angles, they look so much like some of the other sheep.

Wasabi's rear view.

Acacia leaping through the air.

Then I saw the first picture I took.  It's a terrible pictures, but there are Acacia and Wasabi!  (Of course, it was supposed to be a picture of Mace.)

Wasabi (little white ram), Acacia (brown gulmoget ewe)


 Other pictures...


Pepper and mom Marble

Chamomile



No comments:

Post a Comment