Saturday, August 13, 2016

Woo Hoo

There are some very excited ewes today.  We opened the gate to the back field, which has a little more greenery than the rest of the pastures.  The drought has been very hard on our pastures!

Opal is hopeful when she sees us near the gate.

They hurried through before we changed our minds.  Henrietta is first, as always (she's one fast little sheep!).

Fast sheep: Henrietta, Molly, & Elvira

The big surprise is Sandy.  She's usually towards the end, but here is she is, out near the front.

The peloton (have I been watching too much cycling?)

In case you're wondering, Cayenne was last.  I'd add a picture, but there's only so many pictures of running sheep a person can see without getting bored.  I'll save you the boredom.

Most of the sheep were too interested in eating to look up.

Czadas gobbling up trefoil.

Tiffany is a more elegant grazer.

But Molly checked me for peanuts (nope)....

Molly always checks me for yummy snacks.

...and Cinnamon was a little suspicious of me.

Cinnamon is alert like mom Elsie.

Yeti and Spruce wanted to come along, too. 

"But that was our field!"





No comments:

Post a Comment