Sunday, April 14, 2019

Beryl: My New Favorite Sheep

Beryl was the first ewe to lamb this year.  (She was also first in 2016.)   Just when I was beginning to think I was way off on all the due dates, I woke up to see Beryl licking a lamb on the video monitor.  (It was at 3:30 AM Saturday, so when one of the ewes lambs during the daylight hours, she will replace Beryl as my new favorite!)



By the time we made it to the barn, Beryl had delivered a second lamb.  They are both ram lambs (just like 2016), and they are both black.  Earl Grey has more sports on his head and face, and he will lighten up.  Dr. Pepper only has a few spots on the top of his head, and it appears he will stay solid black. 

Dr. Pepper

Earl Grey
Earl Grey (in back) with Dr. Pepper (front)

The following morning at 3:30 AM, Cashew lambed followed shortly by her daughter Myrtle.  I don't have any pictures yet, and it might be a day or two before I post any.   We have a lot going on tomorrow and Tuesday...and that's not including any lambs that may arrive! 

Up next

No comments:

Post a Comment