Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The View From Here

I'm hobbling around a bit better, but I still am not able to do too much roaming in the pasture.  (And I don't really want to when I remember stepping into that hole...*)  Last night, the mobile chicken coop was upgraded, and my chair was placed so that I could see the action.  (Some of the action is not publishable as some individuals were not wearing belts.)

I finally got a chance to get a picture of the artwork on the side of the coop.

Evidence that we basically let the boys do whatever they want.
Barack O'Llama wonders when Scott will install a llama-sized door.

It is my new shade shelter, isn't it?
Cashew came over for an unprecedented scratch.

Cashew.  Only one more shy lamb to convert to friendliness.

Speaking of shy sheep, Hazel and Filly looked like a scene of mother-daughter love...

Excuse me, I have a mouth full of grass.
...and Elsie nursed Pecan and Pistachio, although I really don't think she was feeling the love.

Poor Elsie.
The big roosters, Oklahoma and Colonel Brandon #1, seem to get along.  (I did see them both pick on wee little Colonel Brandon #2 -- something I'll take into consideration when deciding who goes into the pot!)
No cockfighting here.
Finally, because she is too cute not to share:

Acorn.


*The hole has been filled.  Scott and Colonel Brandon #2 filled it over the weekend.  They also attempted to rid the pasture of horse nettle.
Little rooster...

...big helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment