Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Peanut: We were both pacing

Once again, Peanut lambed on the Monday after Easter.  (Last year, she had twins--Aspen and Acacia.)

Peanut: champion licker

She was restless all of yesterday morning.  She had contractions for a long time, but there was no water bag.  I was worried, and I was about do an exam when I saw something.  To me, it didn't look like a water bag or a lamb--that's because it was a lamb in a completely intact water bag.

Hiding behind mom.  (Peanut's babies always do this!)


Peanut was tired by this time, so I tugged at the lamb (I wouldn't say that I pulled because it didn't have far to go).  I also broke the water bag and cleaned his nose and mouth.  At this point, I could tell it was a little ram--look at those horn buds!

Clove: Look at those markings!

Peanut took over, lick, lick, licking away.  The lamb was up and nursing in no time.  Not only is he adorable, but he is perky.

He's up & playing already.

Peanut's lamb is a single ram lamb.  We've named him Clove.  He is katmoget, but I can't tell yet whether he is black/gray or dark brown/tan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment