Monday, April 17, 2017

Acacia: A Little Weird, But Mostly Wonderful

Acacia was acting a little odd Sunday morning, so we put her in a lambing jug and went to church.  When we arrived home, I went to the barn to check on her.  It seemed like nothing was happening. About fifteen minutes later, I was watching the video monitor and noticed something small in her jug.  Acacia's lamb?  Another lamb sticking it's head through the jug?  I headed to the barn (again), and I was right about both things....

Eagle checks out Acacia and her new lamb, Dove.

We suspected that Acacia was having twins, but as time passed, I thought maybe we'd been wrong.  (We've been wrong before.) After multiple solo trips to the barn, I took the whole gang with me to check on Acacia.  My oldest son said, "She had another lamb!"  Two hours had passed between lamb one and lamb two....Definitely a Sleepy Acres record!

Swan

Both of Acacia's lambs are white ewes.  The firstborn is Dove; her much later sister is Swan. 

Dove (sitting) & Swan (standing)

It's going to difficult to tell these two apart when they are a little older!

Proud mom Acacia


No comments:

Post a Comment