Monday, April 24, 2017

Another Busy Week: Pawlonia, Sequoia, & Marble

Pawlonia lambed on Tuesday afternoon.  Although it was a completely normal birth, it took awhile.  Pawlonia's lamb is a small brown ewe.  She could stay solid brown, but more likely, she will look like her mother.  We've named her Wren.



On Wednesday afternoon, Sequoia lambed.  After a long wait, I decided to intervene.  I pulled her lamb.  It was definitely necessary to save both Sequoia and her lamb. Sequoia's lamb is a huge white ram.  After much debate and a few name changes, we've named him Pelican.




On Friday morning, I released Marble back into the pasture with the rest of the ewes.  She was seven days overdue (that's a lot for a sheep), so I thought perhaps I was wrong about her due date.  When preparing to leave for an appointment, I saw Marble in the middle of the pasture with a lamb.  There was quite a bit of drama as the boys and I hiked across the pasture, gathered up the lamb, led Marble to the barn, and in the process, lost my cell phone.  The cell phone has been recovered, and we managed to get Marble and her lamb into their jug. 

Marble's lamb is a ewe.  We've named her Kestrel.




No comments:

Post a Comment