Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Strange Things

Someone managed to catch Violet (or is it Iris? We can't tell the Black Australorps apart unless they are beside each other.)

This is what happens to hens who fly over the fence.
Barack O'Llama had some help eating some pine needles.  Yum.

Finally, someone tall enough to help!
When we went to the barn Saturday morning, most of the sheep were shivering.  We put sweaters on them.  Most of them wore my old sweaters.  (It's warmed up, so they're back to being au naturel.)

Sheep sweater fashion show...

Henrietta needed a little duct tape to achieve the perfect fit.

Elsie's sweater matches her ear tag.

Hazel  posed for the camera.

Enticed by a peanut.

No coat, no wool, no sweater.  Aah.
I've skirted, picked, washed, flicked, carded, and spun some of Theresa's fleece.  Now I have a tiny bit of yarn from one of my own sheep!  One of these days, I'll blog about the process, but for now, here's a picture: 

Yippee!



No comments:

Post a Comment